This is our new web site, which includes blogging capability. I intend to post periodic updates on the following topics:
- Updates from the rate survey. We do weekly rate surveys for a midsize car (ICAR) at the top 50 US airports every week and publish a monthly column in Auto Rental News’ online newsletter and more detailed looks in their print edition. Click here for the latest column.
If we feel that a weekly survey has produced results that should be shared before the next monthly column, we will update you in a blog entitled “Rental Rates Update”.
- Vehicle rental legal issues. We act as an expert witness and litigation consultant in many cases involving the vehicle rental industry. If we think that a case we are working on involves issues that would be of general interest to the industry, we will comment under the title of the issue, such as “Negligent Entrustment”. These comments will be subject to the confidentiality requirements of the case.
- Tennant Group Roundtables. We chair a group of car rental business owners and GMs that share financial information and meet twice a year to exchange ideas, best practices, etc. It is the car rental equivalent to a Dealer 20 group of car dealership owners or GMs. We will keep you updated on the time and place of upcoming meetings and a summary of past meetings under the title “Tennant Group Roundtables”.
- Car Rental Show and Auto Rental Summit. We attend and usually participate in both of these industry events and will comment on upcoming events and report on highlights of past events from our point of view, under the titles “Car Rental Show” and “Auto Rental Summit”.
- Other car rental industry items of interest. As they arise, we will comment on the industry happenings.